As a designer or photographer your portfolio must be so much more than a simple container for a body of work. It is the first impression for potential employers and clients; and therefore must definitively answer why you are the perfect fit for the job. So ask yourself:
- Do you stand out from the crowd?
- Do you have impeccable skill and craft?
- Do you bring the big-picture ideas?
This unique, all-in-one, text has evolved over many years, gained through the authors’ experience as industry professionals and educators. Their approach has ultimately progressed into a system, which addresses all facets of the portfolio package. Each step has been carefully planned, organized and simplified in order to maximize the potential of your portfolio and supporting materials. Key concepts, principles and techniques are brought to life through a vast collection of real-world examples, diagrams, step-by-step visual aids, a comprehensive list of resources as well as key perspectives from a select group of industry professionals.
This text will guide you through the complete process of conceptualizing, designing and developing all the interconnected aspects of your total portfolio package:
- Objectively evaluate your work
- Develop a distinguishing self-brand concept
- Understand and apply an effective design language
- Create a custom-made portfolio book
- Translate and extend your ideas to create an online portfolio
- Plus develop integrated self-promotional materials and strategies